Tuesday, March 08, 2005

My Life- Billy Joel

Well, I'm back in my own house for better or for worse and I have my own playlist back! I think by some twist of fate this song came on first when I clicked on my random play button. I've always loved Billy Joel and this song is one of my favorites. I'm kind of an indepedent person and this song really speaks to my attitude right now about life in general. The way Mr. Joel emphasizes certain words by syncopation and changing the color of his voice is something I've always enjoyed about him. In this song when he says, "I don't care what you say anymore cause it's my life. Go ahead with your life and leave me alone." The first phrase he almost sings like a defiant two year old and then he sings the second phrase like an adult that just needs his space. Billy hit the nail right on the head with this one. :-)

No comments: