Thursday, March 03, 2005

Sarah Conner-BoUnCe

I'm not sure why but this song cracks me up everytime I hear it. Containing phrases like, "She saw me with shorty and thinks i be creepin" and "Bounce babay out da door, I ain't gonna take this no mo" this songs lyrical genius is only matched by LFO. Some of the verses are semi-rapped, I'd almost call it intoning. The chorus is sung and is very simple because the message is what really matters. She's telling her boyfriend to leave because she's pretty sure that he's cheating with some other "shorty". And she tells him "Don't try to front boy cuz I saw you there wit my own eyes." GREAT song...The drum rift and the sythisizer back beat stays in my head forever and puts a spring in my step even though the song is sort of depressing. The best part is when her BF tries to defend himself with a ten second rap with such romantic musings as "Don't need to find a nickel, I gotta dime at home." Awwwww...really? I'm your dime? Well then everything's forgiven.

No comments: