Tuesday, February 22, 2005

"Summer Girls"- LFO (that stands for Light Funky Ones, for those that are not boy band enthusiasts)

Well...all I have to say is this song is light and funky INDEED. With a simple melody sung in unison by all the Light Funky Ones its very easy to sing along with the chorus. BUT the part that is NOT easy to sing along with is the actual verses which are rapped by the lead singer. The story of his relationship with a "summer girl" alternates with random lines for rhyming purposes. LFO is so cool that they can't write a rhyming verse without the use of irrelevant topics. I will include a verse for your pleasure:
Hip Hop Marmalade spic And span,
Met you one summer and it all began
Your the best girl that I ever did see,
The great Larry Bird Jersey 33
When you take a sip you buzz like a hornet
Billy Shakespere wrote a whole bunch of sonnets
Call me Willy Whistle cause I can't speak baby
Sumthin in your eyes went and drove me crazy
Now I can't forget you and it makes me mad,
Left one day and never came back
Stayed all summer then went back home,
Macauly Culkin wasn't Home Alone
Fell deep in love,but now we ain't speakin
Michael J Fox was Alex P Keaton
When I met you I said my name was Rich
You look like a girl from Abercrombie and Fitch

WOW...if that's not poetic genius I don't know what is. A verse that contains both Alex P. Keaton and Macauly Culkin is TOP NOTCH in my book. I like this song because it takes me back to my sixth grade boy-band obsessed years. It's a happy song, even though it's about sad things...it always lifts me up to know Billy Shakespere wrote a whole buncha sonnets.

No comments: