Tuesday, May 10, 2005

I got a Gal... In Kalamazoo- Glen Miller

Thats me! A real pipperoo...
This is a great song, and in only a short time, I'll be back in my hometown before I take off for New York for a summer of oboe.
I like the swing era kinds of songs that make you think of your grandparents, and it also has some great solos in it, one is the trumpet solo and another is of course the sax solo, don't think I didn't hear like a half an hour lecture on that from Tyler.
I don't know if its the light kind of bouncy dance feel to the song, or just me wanting to go home really bad, but the song reminds me of summer, I also like the harmonies that go on within the voices...
Here are the lyrics, enjoy...

A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H
I got a gal in Kalamazoo
Don’t want to boast but I know she’s the toast of Kalamazoo(Zoo, zoo, zoo, zoo, zoo)
Years have gone by, my my how she grew
I liked her looks when I carried her books in Kalamazoo(Zoo, zoo, zoo, zoo, zoo)

I’m gonna send away, hoppin’ on a plane, leavin’ today
Am I dreamin’? I can hear her screamin’"
Hiya, Mr. Jackson"
Everything’s OK, A-L-A-M-A-Z-O
Oh, what a gal, a real pipperoo
I’ll make my bid for that freckle-faced kid I’m hurryin’ to
I’m goin’ to Michigan to see the sweetest gal in Kalamazoo(Zoo, zoo)(Zoo, zoo, zoo, Kalamazoo)
K (K)A (A)L-A-M-A-Z-O(Oh, oh, oh, oh what a gal, a real pipperoo)
(We’re goin’ to Michigan to see the sweetest gal in Kalamazoo)
(Zoo, zoo, zoo, zoo, zoo, zoo, zoo, zoo, zoo)(Kalamazoo!!)

No comments: