Sunday, April 23, 2006

Country Music

So my best friend Amanda was here this weekend, and she loves country music. So she made me listen to it alot. And I think it's starting to grow on me. My boyfriend likes it alot too, but I grew up as a avid country hater.
It's very simple, and usually boring music. It really all sounds the same. All the same one five one chord progession. All the same instruments. All boring.
But I realized this weekend, country music isn't about the music. It's about easy, fun lyrics that you can always count on being able to sing, because the melodies are all very similar.
Country music is about singing along, usally not musically at all, and usually not with very much talent.
Country music is about having fun. Not having to really pay attention to the music, and just having fun.

No comments: