Sunday, May 07, 2006

This site really hates me

So as some of you may know, I haven't been able to access the site in weeks. BOO BLOGGER!! Anyway, I will put my last post up with pride. German Lieder are funny. They all sound similar. While I was sitting in the German diction recital on Wednesday, I realized that all of the songs sound similar (except for James's song from Tannhaeuser, which was very well done). Most of the German Lieder we sang were from the same time period (Romantic), with a few classical and 20th century, and I realized then and there that one can tell the era just by listening (I probably should have realized this during music history, it would have come in handy). I also realized that Schumann sounds different than Schubert who sounds different from Brahms. One can tell which songs are Schumann, Schubert, or Brahms just from listening. The three have very different styles which all fit into the style of Romantic Lied. Many of the songs are strophic or in rounded binary or ternary. Mine was rounded binary. Good times. Singers, yay last diction concert EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: