Tuesday, May 02, 2006

so i forgot my blog again.....

but I am going to avoid writing about the band cd...even though i could write lots...

This week I listened to a little Puccini, all of the great Puccini opera arias to be exact. A year ago I would have cringed at the thought of sitting down and listening to a bunch of arias, but I've learned tolerance.

From a few conversations I've had with "normal" people about opera. It seems that to people who don't know music, Puccini is a favored opera composer. While I had the cd going my roomate started pretending to sing along to "Nessun dorma' from Turandot. The arias are all highly emotional and I think that appeals to the general public. And after listening to these I started to realize that I heard a lot of them show up in movies.

so yeah. Puccini=good times.

No comments: