Sunday, April 16, 2006

Smash Hits of the Early 90's

So it's been a while since I've last blogged, I'm thinking two or three weeks. It's just so hard to remember to do it. (Here's a fantastic blog that COULD make up for ALL the blogs i missed!)

So this weekend, my house had it's formal. We went to Clifty Falls State Park, which is in Madison, IN (about 3 hours south of Greencastle).

Now, while I had an awesome time, the DJ we had wasn't the best I've experienced. He was rather old, and his selection of music was...well, old as well. A large majority of his music was from the early 90s, which, while I love going down memory lane every now and then, wasn't exactly the best choice of music to be played.

Some of the "hits" he played included "Shoop" by Salt n Peppa', "Mambo no. 5" by Lou Begga, and "Wannabe" by the Spice Girls.

Each and every one of these songs hold a special place in my heart, because I can remember the first time i heard these songs...some time in middle school...and I remember all the fifth, sixth, seventh and eighth graders jammin to the music of the times.

Good times were had by all, but I think the 90's have passed us...and the "feel good" times should go away...asap

Adios!

No comments: