Tuesday, April 18, 2006

oops tornados threw me off

I forgot to post....my bad. However, this weekend I did a lot of listening to james brown to keep me from going crazy in the car while I was going through the tornados. I find it so interesting how a man with so little melodic and harmonic material can keep his music so interesting. No matter how repetitive the music, the group is always swinging and I commend him for this. Not just anyone can play funk and really make it swing. (the energy level probably has something to do with the fact that he was on a lot of cocaine...) nevertheless, I have yet to figure out what keeps his music driving. Anyway, I don't really know what else to say about him other than him, I can't go into any form issues because there really is none....

sorry for the boring (and late) post

AJ

gotta go practice for proficiencies....

No comments: