Sunday, March 12, 2006

I'm singing in the rain, just singing in the rain....

So I was trying to think of what to blog about...and I looked outside and it came to me.
Singin' in the Rain was one of my favorite movies when I was a kid. I LOVE Gene Kelly. I remember reading somewhere that they wrote the movie around the music which is pretty unconventional. The songs are pretty catchy...most of them stay with you for a while after listening to them.

One of the best things about the cd of this that i own is that the tap dancing sounds were left in on the big numbers. I think my favorite song, both alone and with its scene in the movie is Don O'Connor's "Make em laugh", it's upbeat and happy and overall a good message i think.

The love songs all sound pretty typical of a movie made in the 40s. The lyrics are pretty basic and don't go very deep. Some of the orchestration and use of vibrato in the orchestra are a little different that what I'm used to hearing on musical soundtracks.


I really don't know what else to say. I love the movie, I love the music, I love Gene Kelly, and I can think of nothing better to listen to during our current monsoon.

No comments: