Sunday, February 05, 2006

Throwback of the 80's

Hmm, so I was sitting here finishing up my theory homework when I looked up at the clock and noticed that I only had like 10 minutes to do my post for the week...I don't know exactly what I'm supposed to talk about, so Dr. S, if I do it wrong, I'm sure I'll hear about it in class...at any rate...here goes:

Sometimes it's good to go back into the past to listen to some good music. Last night, I went down into the basement of my house, hooked my computer up to our system, and turned on some really old 80's pop music. Stuff like "Come on Irene", "Footloose", and some other rock classics. It's not that often that I get to hear some of that stuff, but at times, it makes me feel nostalgic and it takes me back to those olden days of innocence, when they were played all the time. (not that I remember those times anyway). I found it quite relaxing to just close my eyes and flail around to the music. I probably looked like a huge ass (can i say that?) because i was jumping around, spinning, singing/yelling...and genuinely enjoying myself. Me and Elise Balzer were having a good ol' time, and we were even joined by some of the guys in my house. I felt so free and alive listening and...can i say "dancing" to that sort of music, but it's a rare occasion...because travelling back in time like that would get really old if I did it all the time!

1 comment:

jsmith said...

YAY for the 80's! I love the 80's! I don't know if it really makes you feel innocent but whatever floats your boat, I guess. Well, I'm glad you got this done before midnight and we should do our theory homework together more often over AIM cuz that was fun. Anyway, I'm done talking now. You wanted me to comment so I did. TEHE!