Sunday, February 26, 2006

I'm following Jame's lead because he's cool like that...

Yes, we have been listening to/singing Mozart for the last 2 months. At least, we've been listening to The Magic Flute for that long. I've also been working on some Marriage of Figaro since about November. Mozart, I've learned is fun to sing, but not so fun to listen to always. He's classical so his melodies and harmonies are very simple. I keep getting Mozart stuck in my head. It's driving me crazy, even though I enjoy his music. As I'm sitting here listening to Monastatos's aria, I've realized that I could probably predict how the melody and harmonies are going. His operas are very basic. He uses mostly tonic, subdominant, and dominant chords. The only song I'm not sick of from The Magic Flute is the Queen of the Night's aria. Anyway I must go before I die from laughing listening to James and Steven Linville try to sing it. Until next week.
Catie

1 comment:

jamesatdepauw said...

Catie, I have 3 things to say to you:

1) I am cool like "that"...and it's cool that you copy me, as long as you give me my credit!
2)...to give the name James a posessional 's, you spell it "James's"
And Finally 3)I sing the queen of the night aria fantastically well...you're just jealous m'dear!!

P.s...i love you!