Sunday, February 05, 2006

25 Most Played on my iPod!

So, these songs are the ones I listen to the most on my iPod and I tend to listen to this list daily! When I'm walking to or from class, when I'm playing on my computer, working out, cleaning, etc. The list goes on. All of these songs express a different mood or emotion to me which is probably why they are the most played. Of course, I have a variety of songs on here. To give you an idea, there's Ben Folds, Green Day, Disney, RENT, Godspell and Justin Avery!

If you don't know who Justin Avery is, you are in for a treat! My favorite song of his which is included on this list, is called Sir Lancelot. His music is more like Fusion Rock and very interesting to listen to. It's like rock fused with jazz! This song is great example of that. On top of that, his voice is AMAZING! He can sing extremely high, almost higher than me! Ask me sometime and I'll let you hear it! He's amazing! What's even cooler is that he attended my high school! YAY!

The Ben Folds songs included in this list are "Zach and Sara", "There's Always Someone Cooler than You", "Philosophy", and "The Luckiest". Each one of these songs are great in that they express a different feeling. He has a genius way of expressing these emotions and in a way, he does it almost bluntly. "There's Someone Cooler Than You" is probably my favorite upbeat one of his though. I can relate to it so much and it's just one of those songs that get into your head! I mean the phrase, "Make me feel tiny if it makes you feel tall, but there's always someone cooler than you! Yeah you're the sh*t but you won't be it for long, there's always someone cooler than you!" I totally relate to that line. Ben Folds use of piano is awesome in all of his songs. He definitly takes rock to the next level, in my opinion. He just has feel good music. HIs song "The Luckiest" is possibly the best love song I think I've ever heard! Just for voice and piano, this slow ballad is very touching and a way of expressing love from someone who really doesn't know how. Love this song!

The Song from Green Day is called, "Wake Me Up When September Ends." This song is very appealing to me for some reason. I think I just like the way it sounds. It's very repeative and again it has a theme and meaning behind it. I think it has something to do with the war but I'm not sure. If you listen to the lyrics closely, you might think that. This is also one of those songs that start out slow and become faster or make you think it's going to be a ballad but ends up not becoming one. I like it.

Of course, the other songs on this list are from musicals/movies. I love listening to this type of music. In fact you might say that is all I listen to. Apparently the ones I've listen to the most would be the soundtracks to RENT and Godspell. Of course these are two totally different types of musicals but I really enjoy the music from them. RENT has a great soundtrack, especially with it's rock feel to it. Alot of the songs toward the end are very touching and can almost put you in tears. I think that's why I like listening to musicals so much, you just get in the zone of the character and the music that you feel like you are there. Godspell is a show I have actually done and will do again this summer which is probably why I listen to it so much. You can really tell that this musical is from the 70's however, especially with the use of piano, guitar and dancing the electric slide! It's still a very fun show and has a variety of great music including raggae, disco, and rock.

Anyway, that's pretty much what is on my 25 Most Played List. I bet you can't wait to see how long my next post will be next week, huh? Tehe :)

1 comment:

jamesatdepauw said...

You know what, Jenny? I'm really upset that you tempted me with the promise of Disney...but nowhere in your blog did you mention what disney songs you were listening to, so i could reminicse and be happy You know, sometimes you ought to be more considerate and give everything you have to the reader...so he/she doesn't walk away feeling empty inside...thanks for that